Baer Reintegration Scholarship 2023/2024 – Apply Now
The Baer Reintegration Scholarship 2023- this is an annual scholarship purposely meant to help students with disorders like schizophrenia and other related diseases. Here’s a full article about the Scholarship Just keep reading.
About The Baer Reintegration Scholarship 2023/2024
The Baer Reintegration Scholarship is designed to assist people with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or schizoaffective disease in gaining the academic and professional skills required to reintegrate into society, find employment, and rebuild their life.
The Sidney R. Baer, Jr. Foundation, which supports organizations working to promote education, research, and direct care in the field of mental health, provides funding for the Baer Reintegration Scholarship. Mr. Baer, a businessman and consultant, battled mental illness throughout his life and worked to lessen the suffering of others who were affected.
Eligibility Criteria For The Baer Reintegration Scholarship 2023/2024
All applicants must pass a brief eligibility test before completing the online application. Application requirements for the Baer Reintegration Scholarship include:
1. Have a diagnosis of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or schizoaffective disorder
2. Be presently undergoing medical treatment for the illness, including prescription medication and psychiatric follow-up, or have documentation of prior history from the prescribing authority noted on the recommendation form.
3. Participate actively in rehabilitation or reintegration efforts, such as by joining a club, working a part- or full-time job, volunteering, or enrolling in school.
4. Plan to enroll in a school in the United States and be a citizen or legal resident of the country.
5. Be at least 18 years old by the start of the academic year 2023/2024.
How To Apply For The Baer Reintegration Scholarship
The Baer Reintegration Scholarship application process entails two steps which are as follows;
1. Through Email Application
You can access the scholarship application at www.reintegration.com, where you can download, print, and fill out the mail-in form. The initial pages of the document contain all instructions, including a list of required materials and deadlines for sending in the application.
2. Through Online Application
In order to make the application process simpler for candidates, the Center for Reintegration has launched its application process this year through Smarter Select, an online application management system. Online Baer Reintegration Scholarship applicants will have the following options:
1. Before submitting their application, save, edit, make changes, and revisit it.
2. Verify that their references have submitted the required forms.
3. Feel secure knowing their data is safe with data encryption software.
4. If they have any questions, they can email us directly from the application.
5. Verify their application is complete by using our built-in checklist.
Benefits Of The Baer Reintegration Scholarship 2023/2024
The Baer Reintegration Scholarship programme aims to provide funding for a variety of educational options when people pursue a diploma or degree from a recognised school. Programs that qualify include:
1. Programs that offer high school equivalency
2. Programs for trade, vocational, or certification
3. An associate’s diploma
4.Fourth-year college degree
5. Graduate diploma
6. coursework for post-baccalaureate credit
Deadline For Application of The Baer Reintegration Scholarship 2023
The deadline for applications is January 31st, 2023.
To be taken into consideration by the panel of impartial judges, applications must be submitted completely as instructed and meet all eligibility requirements.
In May 2023, all applicants will be informed whether or not they have been selected as a finalist. In July 2023, winners will be contacted.
What are the criterias used to select students for the Baer Reintegration Scholarship?
The following standards will be used to evaluate the applications:
1. Academic achievement
2. Three references, including one from the applicant’s psychiatrist or prescribing professional (references from family members are ineligible)
3. Essay quality
4. Carefulness and relevance of academic and career/vocational goals
5. Participation in rehabilitation
6. Successful disease management
7. Recently completed volunteer and/or professional work
8. Fulfilling all requirements for the application, including signing the Personal Consent & Release Form.
What Are The Conditions Of Financial Support for this Scholarship?
Only the autumn 2023–spring 2024 academic year will be covered under the 2023–2024 Baer Reintegration Scholarship programme. Previous awardees must reapply each year to have their scholarships renewed if they want to continue or finish their school. (See below for renewal guidelines.)
Awards are decided on an individual basis. On behalf of successful applicants, scholarship funds are given directly to educational institutions to cover the costs of tuition, books, laboratory supplies, and required fees.
At the end of the spring semester in 2024, all funds must be transferred back to the scholarship fund. The scholarship does not pay for personal expenditures, housing and board, computers, transportation, or summer school.
What does the scholarship essay entails?
The essay must have the following section titles to create six distinct sections, and it cannot exceed three double-spaced written pages in length. The online application contains these sections.
- My Career Goal and the Reasons I Have Selected It
- How this programme of study will help me reach my professional objectives
- How My Illness Affects My Capability to Achieve Academic Success, Maintain Employment, or Form Relationships
- Four Steps I Took to Get Ready for Pursuing This Education
- Reasons for Choosing the Particular School
- My Goals to Continue My Treatment While Studying
Please be aware that uploaded essays without these headings clearly mentioned at the start of each section won’t be considered by the judges.
If you wish to be selected for this Scholarship, kindly apply through email or online before the deadline date.